Our Mission and Values
Posted: Aug 05 2011
Built For Man was created on the concept that clothing should be
stylish, sensual, and functional
while practicing a commitment to social responsibility. These guiding principals have led us to
producing garments that are not only wearable and practical, they are also manufactured with
compassion under humane conditions. These values are followed from design to distribution.
We are inspired by the fiber, employing the most luxurious natural materials and selecting the
finest yarns and textiles on the market - baby alpaca, pima cotton, silk, and wool flannel.
The Built for Man Collection is comprised of three lines:
1) ‘The Loom Project' (fair trade and social outreach)
2) 'Industry' (ethical production of garments)
3) 'Built in Seattle' (commitment to local community)
How We Build
Built For Man strives to produce high-quality garments and is committed to educating consumers
about the people who produce them. Wherever possible, we employ artisans in Peruvian villages
as part of 'The Loom Project' which comprises our woven accessories. Built For Man supplies the
yarns and contributes a portion of the looms, allowing the workers to create micro-industries and
sustaining ancient weaving techniques. The sales of these items provides the weavers with a
family income and brighter future opportunities.
· Francisco Hernandez Voted 'Best Designer', 425 Magazine, July 2011 Issue
· Built For Man Voted No. 38, "100 Reasons to Love Seattle", Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, July 2010 Issue
For more information on Built For Man please email email@example.com.